Friday, September 19, 2008

And the Oscar goes to...

So if I were to ever win an Oscar (or in the blog world what ever their awards are called) I would for sure have to thank my old (not as in age old... but as in known for a long time) friend Amanda :) She has inspired me to write a blog by her creative words and the endless drama she sustains on a daily basis. If you haven't already checked out her blog I highly encourage you to take a look here is the link to her page (and if you are really feeling froggy just jump on over to her "Grownup Blog" its a true treasure) http://coxfamily-sissy.blogspot.com/.

OK so enough praise and gratitude and all that happy crappy! The real reason I am here is to keep people up to date on all of the happenings in the life of the Lindy's!! So I will start with today.

Today began just like any other day, and by that I mean WAY to FREAKIN EARLY! I'm not sure who's genes my son got but I'm beginning to think that I may not be his mother! I am one who you might say adores the simple things in life ....... like ohhhh I don't know....... ummm sleeping in. However in this house the day starts at the butt crack-o-dawn if Caleb has anything to do with it. So up and at 'em we were by 6:30 this morning (and yes that is the butt crack of dawn to me, anything earlier to that would be suicidal) had the breakfast of champions which consisted of peanut butter toast and then watched an abundant amount of SpongeBob right up until we left to go to town.

You see as a mom you learn never to tell your child when anything fun is going to take place because as any good mom knows the endless whining and asking when will we go? what are we going to do?or my favorite, is it time yet? Is enough to push even the most stable of people (and lets not kid ourselves, I am far from being the most stable person I know already) to start climbing the tallest building within 100 miles and picking people off with a high powered rifle. So I purposely haven't told Caleb for the last week that Amanda and I were planning on taking the kiddo's to Jump Zone http://www.jumpzoneparty.com/.

We met Amanda, Aidan and Asher at Jump Zone and played for about 2 hours and we all had a great time. Left there and went to lunch at Firehouse Subs which was well.... for all intents and purposes a challenging lunch for Amanda. And for once I find it hard to believe (and you would too if you read her blog) that Aidan was almost a saint... it was poor Asher that was so tired he couldn't stand himself much less expect any of us to be able to. Caleb even gave it his best shot and sang Asher the ABC's and while it did keep his attention for a few moments alas it didn't help the mood. None the less all in all it was a great outing and I think we will do it again soon. I can see Aidan and Caleb becoming convicts I mean great buddies together if given the time and the chance and I know that it will do me good to get out of this house more often.

Sorry for not having any pictures of our fun today... I didn't remember my camera and since I have a POS cell phone it has no camera either! Next time I promise I will do my best to have evidence I mean pictures of all of the fun and incriminate behavior of all 3 boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home