Thursday, November 20, 2008

I want Santa to....

So last night, got home late as usual (see post about new job w/ Fed-Ex to explain why I was late) and knew that Danny would be hot on my heels coming thru the door.... what to fix for dinner. No worries I already had a plan, however this plan did not include the rantings of our 3 year old as he screamed at me "momma I want something descent to eat" (yes he really is a sweet boy, and he does always include the word descent when asking for something to eat, God love him, cause some days I'd like to ship him off)

As I looked around the kitchen I tried to find things to keep him busy so I could get dinner ready, which consisted of fried ham, mac & cheese (from a box), and french fries (oh so gourmet I know) when I spied the mail, and what was in the mail but the Wal-Mart "Kid's Holiday Book" BINGO!!! I gave it to Caleb and told him that he needed to start getting ideas of what he wanted Santa to bring him this year for Christmas. Let me just say DAMN I'm one smart momma right??? Yeah I would like to believe that too,(feel free to keep shaking your head up and down in agreement, it makes me feel better about myself) but chances are the being smart part was a bit of a stretch. While it did work to keep him out of my kitchen and out from under my feet while I cooked last night, this DAMN book just will not die.





Right off the bat this morning, we're talking not even 8am yet and he's got his hands on this damn book and all I hear is "I want this" or "momma is this for girls" (this boy of ours seems to be drawn to PINK, Danny is horrified and always says "pink is for girls NOT boys") and "can Santa bring me these 999 things here on this page"!!

My mind is racing and it's got only ONE thought... WHY THE HELL DID I NOT BURN THIS BOOK WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING???

Just so you know.. the score is

Wal-Mart - 1
Momma - 0 (but oh the plans I have for this evil place, don't care if they are my neighbors here in good ol' NW Arkansas or not)

oh and just another FYI.... I think I just might be getting the hang of this whole Fed-Ex gig after all..... (by a show of hands who of you believed that last one???) Cause if you did all I can say is Baaaaaa freakin Haaaaaa!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Can I submit my Santa wishlist here too, please?? Hey, it was a thought, right! Ahh, Caleb is just being the typical kiddo this time of year, but remind him that Santa is watching at all times,and he better be super duper good or he won't dare receive 1 of those 999 things requested!! Seems to work with Tay, and she's 7...a bit of a stretch compared to Caleb's age!! Yes, I know, she is already asking questions about the validity of Santa, but I can't, just can't tell her the truth, or it will absolutely break her heart!!

November 20, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home