Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fed up, frustrated, and just plain DONE

Since January 1 we have not had a single week in our house without sickness (I think it has something to do with the Obama Administration personally, but I'll save that post for another time). Started the year off right with puking, "sicking up", diarrhea, and some gawd awful stomach cramps. I mean what better way to say Happy New Year than with a mouth full of puke while sitting on the can, can I get an AMEN?? It then progressed to Pink eye (woo hoo) ear infection and now on to what we all have which can only be described as THE CRUD FROM HELL!! I have taken Caleb to the Dr. twice already and we are only one month into this new year, you can see how this would not be looking all that promising for the remainder of this year. We all sound like 50+ year smokers (and ok lets face it Danny and I should sound that way because we ARE smokers) but Caleb well he's not, nor do we smoke anywhere around him, not in the house, not in the car and not even in the same general vicinity as him when we are outside (so spare me the lecture, today is not the day).


It is safe to say that today I am at my wits end, I am done, I resign my post and relinquish my duties as mom, mommy, mother and wife. I am about to start packing my bags and will be gone before this post is posted! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, and furthermore I am tired of being the only one in this house that takes care of everyone else but never gets taken care of herself!!!! (yes I know this is coming across a one big pity party... but it's how I feel today so either humor me and keep reading or don't either way suits me just fine)


I have zero patients left which is very apparent to my three year old, who has managed to push more of my buttons this morning in the 4 hours he's been awake than in the last 3 years he's been alive! I've got nothing for energy and at this point even if I could stomach those nasty energy drinks I'm sure all it would do is laugh on the way back out, and with my luck I would be out of toilet paper to wipe with!!


The snot... oh my goodness... the snot is enough to make me wanna super glue nostrils shut in this house! Every time I turn around I see SNOT! Then there is the need to chase down the perp with the snot running down his face and hog tie him long enough to actually wipe it, which is always followed by irritating whining about how his nose hurts and I just hurt it worse. Then there is my favorite comment, one that has just recently surfaced in this house and is about to PUSH me off the ledge that is my sanity "I don't like you anymore" well you know what kid... I don't like me very much right now either, so take a number and stand in line... I WAS HERE FIRST and for once this is all about ME!!!


So here's to hoping that nap time lasts about 6 hours today in this house or else!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cristin said...

Sounds like my house... Dottie has been snotting for weeks, I was puking earlier this week... Hubby still has a cold... I'm actually looking forward to going to work and getting away from everyone today! I can't. take. the. whining.

Let's run away to Vegas!

January 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger ~aj~ said...

Man, do we get each other or what?! I'm totally fed up with the sickness that has invaded our house. Just when I think everyone is almost well, all 4 of us have come down with the crud. It is snot city over here. My shirt has become a giant kleenex for both boys and by the end of the day I'm just one giant snot wad. Sigh...


So I say let's both pack our bags and escape to a beach somewhere, with lots of half naked men and tropical drinks! :)

January 31, 2009 at 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus, Krissi, "I think it has something to do with the Obama Administration"? I wasn't aware the Obama's had been sick. ;)

January 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

Oh dear...that royally sucks. I have tried resigning before, I can never find the right person to hand in my resignation to.

I hope that the crud and snot ends soon.
Stick a Kleenex up everyone's nostirls and be done with the wiping;-)

January 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh I feel you on this, I really really do. Sick kids suck no matter how you slice it. And the whining, it is enough to drive you crazy. Give the kid some Benadryl and take some wine for yourself and hopefully this will look a smidge better in the morning.

January 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Just dong some blog surfing. Please forgive my boldness, but my most recent "Copy & Share" doodle was made just for someone like you. Please do me the honor of checking it out.

February 1, 2009 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Deb@Mommie Mayhem said...

It been a long month with sick kids here also. Hang in there !

February 1, 2009 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

OMG, how could I catch your crud way down here?? I feel for ya!! I hope it gets better soon. Tay told me the other day, Momma, if you sneeze one more time or blow your nose and I see green stuff fly, I'm gonna scream! Hilarious right! So I am the sick one trying to take care of her and her knee, while she recovers faster than me! Yikes, I'm so sick of the yuckies!! GO AWAY from my house and KRISSI's TOO!!

February 2, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home