Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kiss it goodbye

Sleeping in is a thing of the past, a love that I've lost, a hole in my heart, and something that I miss more than I can even begin to chronicle (but I'll try anyway cause I love you guys, and would hate to leave you with nothing to read).

Pre kid (yes just one) I L*O*V*E*D to sleep, could do it all day long, any given day. You see some people are crafty, some are smart, some like to be outside all day ever day and then theres me and my talent....... SLEEPING!

While searching for "my thing" I tried various hobbies, hate to exclude something without having first tried it right!! In school there was band! Ha that was a riot! Band was sooo not for me, but let me just tell you I could fake playing the flute with the best of them.

Next came cheerleading (shut up) didn't make the cut, screw you, it was all to cliquey anyway, oh yeah and all those girls were just BITCHES!!

Then came drugs... hardcore, make your parents lay awake nights worrying if their daughter would ever kick the habit (I know your thinking OMG what was it heroin, speed, meth, coke.... nahhh see I come from small town America and in small town America a drug addiction can best be described as "smoking the pot") gave it up cause I am already paranoid enough, add a little weed and good lord you can't stand to be in the same room with me (that is unless you have a video camera and someone staged outside the door to knock and demand to be let in using their best "fake cop voice" making me crap all over myself, my friends were bastards seriously)

I tried like hell to make work "my thing" but when you really don't know what you want to do with your life, that's a tough one

It was really only AFTER giving birth and NEVER sleeping again when I realized that I had had my gift all along!

Seriously, people ask when we will have another one, cause God knows you can't have just one, what kind of people only have one child??? And I won't say that the thought has never crossed my mind, and just about the time that the fleeting thought of another child passes thru whats left of the brain cells in my head that "the pot" didn't destroy I remember how much the first few months of having a child SUCKED for me, and how consequently I've not slept in since!!

All I can say is, when this kid is big enough to wipe his own butt, make his own food, and find his own cartoons on tv.... this momma is planning a nice long hibernation. No phones on, no interruptions cause so help me the person who interrupts me shall be missing appendages, draw the curtains, turn on all 3 fans and sleep like it's going outta style!

One of these days I will revisit a few of the things on this list of "my things" because there are some hilarious stories to be told!! Until then.... uggg can I at least get a nap????

4 Comments:

Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

My oldest is 7 years older than the middle child ... I slept for, like, 2 years straight to catch up. Now with that I have 3 kids, I need to sleep for another 4 years.

January 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Amen to that sister! I so need a nap but then again if I got like 8 hours of sleep at night, I think that my body might not know what to do.

January 17, 2009 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Cristin said...

Too funny! Now sleeping has never been one of my talents.. I'm a seasoned insomniac... If I can manage 6 hours then I'm doing fine... I do like to nap though.. I did have some drug taking talent back in the day too...

January 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Just wait, your day is coming!! This is so awful that I shouldn't dare admit it, but here goes! Tay is 7, knows how to manage her own remote, tv, computer, psp, ipod, as well as make her own glass of milk, make her a bowel of cereal or throw a pop-tart in the toaster! With that being said, on the weekends, she is threatened with her life if she even opens my door or wakes me up until I see fit that it's time to get up! She normally wakes up, turns on her tv, very low I must admit, does her thing and eats her pop tart in bed! I've got her trained very very well. Now she knows she isnt dare to go outside, answer the door or anything else for that matter! So you can do, just 4, yes FOUR more years! Unless you can get him trained before then!!

January 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home