Monday, January 26, 2009

No rest for the weary

I don't have to work today! So one would naturally think that a day off would be spent doing fun or possibly even lazy things right? WRONG I get to take one sick little boy to the Dr. and prepare for the impending ice storm that is supposed to hit our area tonight.

Caleb came down with a horrible cough/hopefully just cold over the weekend, which is no doubt because we were in his Dr.'s office last week due to a little scare he gave me on Thursday. Have I mentioned how much I HATE going to the Dr.'s. I swear that even if he's not sick, by the time we leave that office he is!!! Don't they know how to disinfect?????? None the less I think Caleb may also have pink eye or some kind of eye infection on top of his awful cold and since the weather is supposed to turn bad tonight and the good lord only knows when we will be able to get out of this house again I figured it is better to be safe than sorry and take him in today.

Now about the weather...... mother nature and I don't always tend to see eye to eye. She sees fit to reek havoc with things such as ice and snow and I see fit to curse her! Between tonight and Wednesday we are supposed to get upwards of and inch of freezing rain! LOVELY. That means power outage for sure, umm yeah and did I mention that our entire house is ELECTRIC! Our heat... electric.... our hot water... electric.... our stove.... electric.... YIPPY EFFIN SKIPPY! This means that we will be heating our house with our wood fire place (which is intended for looks only) we are going to be COLD! And we will also be cooking in it or on the grill... umm can you say hot dogs for everyone! On a small side note, we did however buy graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars to make Smores! Caleb and I made a few last night in the fire place and they turned out magnificent!!

I am still waiting to find out when the funeral for my friend that passed away suddenly is... hoping that they will wait till the weather has cleared so that I don't have to try to drive over there in the ice. Thank all of you for the well wishes and the prayers. I will post again and let you know how things go at the Dr. today.... you know when we hopefully still have power :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Sorry that you are dealing with sickness again. As I always say, 'tis the season.
Here's hoping it passes quickly.

January 26, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Poor Baby!! Wish he would get better and stay better!! Keep us updated!

January 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home