Monday, January 12, 2009

Shall I lie ?? Yes I shall !!

Last night while mommy and daddy were both out of the room Caleb decided to do one of the things he loves most in the world, yet knows will get him into the most trouble... he ran to the bathroom, got his foot stool, dragged it into the kitchen, lined it perfectly up with where momma keeps her purse, and then snatched my purse from the kitchen counter.

He proceeded to run like mad into the living room put it on the couch and dump out every imaginable treasure that it held. It was about this time that daddy happened to wander back into the living room to find Caleb with is newly claimed bounty. So what does daddy do? Clean up the mess? No! Get on to Caleb for being into mommy's purse? No! Daddy comes to get mommy and tells me "Caleb has something he needs to talk to you about" So in the living room I come, to find my 3 year old son holding whats left of a tampon that was once where it should have been... you know in my purse!

"Momma, what is THIS?"

"It's a tampon son"

"What's it for?"

(uncomfortable pause while trying to come up with the best, most believable lie)

"do girls use it for their hair momma?"

"Yup, that's right son, us girls use them for their hair, how did you get so smart"


I have a bad feeling that one day my kiddo is going to be very traumatized when he realizes that tampons do not in fact go into a girls hair!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

this is awesome, I totally would have done the same thing.

January 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I do agree, one day he will be like no girls use that for their hair....and then he will find out the truth!

January 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Kori said...

Oh Krissi.
This reminds me of my two boys so much. I will never forget when the boys were little. I think Jacob was 4 and Calob was 2 anbd I hear them having this conversation in the bathroom. I walk in and Calob is holding a panty liner out of the wrapper in his hand and he's asking Jacob what's this. And Jacob told him...

That's Mommy's pillow for her booty.

Yep got to love those boys.

I also wanted to come by to say thanks so much for the lovely comment. And I do hope you tell your Mom that I said Hi and I am flattered that she reads my blog and talks about me. I mean how great is that.

I do hope it's ok that i add you to my blog roll cause well I have already done so. But if it's not you just let me know.

January 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Hilarious!! I can't wait till you have to make up another lie when he asks what they are *really for*!! Be sure and blog that one too!

January 13, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home