Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The things I've learned

2008, ahh yes yet another year has passed and what a wild ride this year has been. I thought I would take a moment to reflect upon the lessons this past year has taught me, but, where to begin....

1~ I differ in political opinion from a great many people my own age, and I am perfectly OK with this, in fact I like to think of myself as a rebel



2~ (in keeping with the political theme) if you are white and given the choice between one white man and one black man running for the same office in politics, you chose the white man based upon your religious convictions, facts, political preference and the straight up truth that he is MORE qualified you can AND WILL be called a racist!



3~ a Motorola Razr will not survive a plunge into a hot tub, even if that plunge is to save your drowning child



4~ a husband and wife can live together and work together and manage to survive it



5 ~ I am not really cut out to be a SAHM (I need more in my life than these 4 walls) I wish I were different so that I could be satisfied to be here day in and day out, but its just not who I am (I need to let it go and quit feeling like such an awful mother and failure as a parent, I'll let you know when that happens)




6~ God didn't make me with a lot of patients, this is something that I really need to work on




7~ There are so many people out there that have less than I do, I've learned (and am still learning) to be more thankful for what I have and less whiny about what I don't (contrary to my husbands popular belief this has been a hard lesson for me)



8~ The economy can and will fail



9~ Large companies don't need to worry with how or what they spend their money on, because they have us the good ol tax payin US to bail them out of any tight spot they might get into!




10~ All a celebrity has to do to be forgiven for what ever AWFUL decision they have made, or wrong direction they have chosen to take their lives is check into rehab (again and again)



11~ health insurance is a freakin scam!! (won't cover ear infections for a small child... what the hell??)



12~ I am a awful friend, really by the time I say I will or want to go out and do something with friends (like as in the second the words have left my mouth) I am already exhausted by the thought of what all will have to be done in order to get me out of the house... i.e. baby sitter, fight with Caleb about baby sitter, getting dressed, putting on make up, deciding where to go and what to do.... I'd rather stay home (is that wrong?? does anyone else feel this way)



13~ I need more ME time, seriously no matter how hard it is to come by, I need to have some time each week (if not each day) just set aside for me.. is this willingly given up when you have children?? I didn't see that in the contract I signed



14~ I am not crafty.... and in fact I will take this just a step farther.... I am almost disgusted by those who are!! (I loath scrap booking, some of my sister in laws would have me whacked just for saying those 3 words)



15~ MTV isn't what it used to be (not that I don't still watch it, cause I sooo do)



16~ I love to blog, I like to know that people out there that don't even know me personally read about my life and comment on it... it can be said that blogging is now my crack (not like ass crack but like speed, coke, heroin my drug of choice that is as long as it never replaces caffeine... ohhh we got problems if it starts trying to take that spot on my list of favorite things BIG problems)



17~ I really need to stop this list, cause I can go on and on (however in my little bloggy mind when I started I thought, 20 is a good number, wonder how many people won't make reading this list all the way to 20.... we shall see)



18~ I love laptops! We bought a new laptop for the business (as a tax write off, umm to keep the books for the business I mean) and just when I had decided that I HATED it, a wonderful,shameless love blossomed... I'm addicted to this dang thing!!!



19~ I have lost all respect that I once held for Oprah Winfrey (she may have more money than God, but she needs to check herself before she wreck herself!) I have more respect for Barack Obama himself throughout this past election than I do for Oprah and that's not saying much!!



20~ (and this is a big one) Being a parent is no where near the walk in the park I thought it would be, this past year has taught me this for sure. I would like to think that I am a pretty good parent, yeah and Manson would also like to think he's just a teeny bit crazy! Seriously though raising a 3 year old has been THE hardest job this past year... someone please tell me that it gets easier, cause if not, I have my doubts that I will make it as a parent. And he deserves so much better than me some days!




So what are some things you learned in 2008 cause I am sure that I've left a LOT out... if you should happen to do a post of things you've learned link it back to me and leave me a comment so that I can take a look :)

Cheers...



Here's to hoping that 2009 is an amazing surprise for us all!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Funky Kim said...

I would tell you that raising kids gets easier, but that would be lying to you and I won't do that. It does have easier parts. But those come with harder parts.

And then you get rewarded with grandchildren!

December 30, 2008 at 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! I want to do one to, but I would steal all of yours. I sooooo wish I was a creative writer like you are! I love this blogging to but I am not good at it.

You are a great mom and I am sure he doesn't always show it to you, but he loves you to death.

You are such a cool person! I am glad you guys are in our lives!!

December 30, 2008 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, what an insightful post. Great list.

December 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Ariel said...

I have a 14, 11 and 3 year old. Each one is different from the next, each year has it's own set of challenges. It definitely does not get easier - but it never gets less rewarding. It's the most important thing you'll ever do...naturally it's going to be the hardest. I don't know you at all but skimming through your blog I'd say you seem to be doing a pretty darn good job. :)

December 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Cristin said...

Happy New Year! I made it through all 20!

Sorry but no, three is bad, but it doesn't get any easier... it's still tons of fun though!

January 1, 2009 at 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did I miss what Oprah did? not that I could really stand her before...
I'd start my own list but I'm not sure I can contain myself and it would go on and on and on and on.

January 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home