Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fighting off sickness and the new sitter

Oh what a day it has been around our house. I woke this morning to find a text message from Caleb's sitter saying that she had her two smallest children in the ER until 4am with IV's and the works all care of the awful rota virus that has been circulating here in good 'ol NW Arkansas, and that she would be closed for the day. I called Danny to let him know that his favorite and best employee would not be making it to work today! Wooo Hoo a day off, or so I thought!

Caleb was ok this morning, every now and again he would mention his tummy but then go about playing like all was well so I thought nothing of it.

We went and interviewed a new sitter for Caleb (which has NOTHING to do with his sitter being closed for the day today, and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that his sitter wants to start charging us $120 a week when Caleb is only there for 20 hrs or less a week). All I can say is that I am 100% sure that we are really going to like her a LOT! And she is less than half of what I am paying now. She is licensed (which current sitter is not) has two employees that work for her and are CPR certified, and one of Caleb's friends goes there so he's already got a play-mate! He will start going to the new sitter on the 19th of January (also Danny's birthday) so we shall see how it goes... I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date!

After going to meet the new sitter and question the fire out of her (man I must really be an over-protective mom, I have LOADS and LOADS of questions when it comes to taking care of my child even if it is only for 4 hrs a day) we came home and both went down for a nap... after about an hour nap, I have what I am sure is one sick little boy :( He has not peeled himself off the couch for more than to go to the potty to try to "sick up" and keeps telling me that he "doesn't feel good AT.ALL".

I am bracing myself for all of the fun vomiting and direaha to follow and for a long night (but praying that he will be miraculously healed without the need for ever once "sicking up").

Will keep you up to date on all the fun happenings here at the Lindy household!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh I hope this really passes soon. Stomach bugs and children are no fun.

January 7, 2009 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger ~aj~ said...

I hope Caleb does a better job than Adam at fighting off that nasty stomach bug. It is NO FUN.

The new sitter sounds fantastic...hope that transition goes really, really well.

January 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home