Monday, September 29, 2008

All in a days work

Oh OK where do I even begin... I've gotten a little behind, after being out of the house so much the last few days. Where did I leave off???

OK so the wedding was great, if you have never been to the Mildred B Cooper Chapel in Bella Vista I highly recommend it. It is just beautiful, and especially this time of year when the leaves are starting to change and fall is beginning to peak it's head thru the tree's its just amazing. I did manage to get Danny to take a picture of me before we went... while I was all dressed up (he didn't want to take a picture with me, just of me... what a girl that husband of mine) so here I am in all my black dress glory



(funny side note about the black dress) as I was getting ready Danny asks me
"is black really appropriate to wear to a wedding"
my response in all my quick thinking, smart ass attitude
"well it might as well be a funeral.... right.... or would you disagree?"
to which Danny said
"touche"


OK so after the wedding/funeral (which ever you want to call it) we decided that since we were not going to get to go to Bikes, Blues and BBQ this year we would come home change out of our "fancy clothes" put on some jeans and take the bike out for a spin. Sara thankfully had the kids in the back yard so we were able to sneak in strip down, change and haul ass back out without being seen :) It was oh so thrilling. We took Danny's motorcycle into Rogers and went and ate at Coltons then just drove around aimlessly for over 2 hours! It was AMAZING! The wind in your hair, the druel down your face (ha ha long story there, it's a story for a whole nother blog) the bugs down the throat and the wind whipped hair :) I LOVE RIDING THAT DAMN BIKE!!! I'm hooked really I am, I decided that when I grow up I want to be a biker chick! Sorry mom I know you had higher hopes for me than this but it is what it is and there is not much either you or I can do to change that so just suck it up and deal with it!!!


So then on Sunday we got up and went to Fred's to eat brunch! It was beyond yummy! And then went to Sam's and Wal-Mart. A few weeks ago Danny quite literally ran into an old friend of ours that neither of us has seen in about the last 12 or 13 years and we made a play date for his kids and our kiddo so we met them in Bella Vista at the park and let the kids run wild so that we could all visit and catch up with each other.

What is it about seeing "old friends" that makes one feel so.... well so OLD? Just when did we all get "growed up" enough to have children and to have to worry with things like mortgages and the state of the market?? And the last time I checked I am NO WHERE near old enough to have grey hair... yeah that's right I said it!! I have grey hair!!

None the less it was a wonderful day Sunday meeting Mike's wife and his two adorable kids and Caleb had the best time playing with the two of them and running butt wild all over the park.

That leads us to today... Monday!! After our play date last week with Amanda and her two boys Aidan and Asher we decided that since we all had so much fun we had to meet up again and play so more... this time... Amanda (who Caleb calls Ms. Panda) invited us to her house for some homemade potato soup :) So this morning Caleb and I loaded up and headed to Springdale to hang out and have fun. With a quick stop by Village Inn to pick up one of their french silk pies we were off to enjoy the day.
After finding the house (which might I say... I drove straight to without incident YEA ME) the boys played in the sand box and on the swing set and had a wonderful time. We even managed to make some new friends when Adam, Drew and their mom AJ came over as well. FYI ... I knew I was going to like AJ from the second I saw her.. because low and behold she was wearing my shirt!! OK well not my shirt but the exact same Foo Fighters tee that I have :) That one... she has good taste!!

Anyway I did manage to snap a few pictures of the boys playing so here ya go.....


























So all in all we had a great weekend... and so far have had a great Monday! Tomorrow we are off to Mena to visit the fam. and when we get home on Thursday or Friday I am sure I will have plenty to fill you all in on!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~aj~ said...

I'm so glad you blog! This was a super fun post and I thought of many things I wanted to comment on as I was reading it and now I've gone and forgotten most of them, dang it.

I do remember that you looked fantastic in that black dress!

I've also always wondered if bikers swallow (or choke) on bugs while they're riding. Now I know. :)

It's funny that you want to grow up to be a biker because I still secretly want to grow up to be in a rock band. And yes, I also have grey hair. What's with that?!

So fun meeting you guys today. We have plans to see our other friend Caleb tomorrow and when I told Adam about it, he said "I get to see that little black boy again?!?!" He was quite disappointed when I had to explain it was the other Caleb. So yes, we should definitely get together again.

Lastly I don't know what's come over me. I promise I'm not normally so long winded on blog comments. :)

September 29, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home