Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I swore I'd never






Thanks to a certain little 3 year old boy in our house and his new love of the word "Damn" someone got their mouth washed out with a bar of soap!!

Saturday evening Caleb kept saying Damn! Momma had a heart to heart talk with him about the fact that Damn is a bad word and he should not say it, that little boys who use bad words get their mouths washed out with soap (purely a bluff on my part) then this sweet, loving, wonderful little boy climbed right up on the couch next to me looked right up at me and with all the balls he could muster whispered "DAMN, guess now I get my mouth washed out with soap"

** Small side note, he now knows not to BITE down on the bar, it was all stuck in his teeth for what seemed like hours to him. I only let him revel in all his soapy glory for about 10 minutes (just long enough to make sure he got the point) and then helped him brush his teeth and get a drink to rinse his mouth out!!

** Another small side note.... DO NOT CALL MOMMAS BLUFF IN THIS HOUSE!!!! She will always WIN!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You have to hold your ground or they will walk all over it.

December 23, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Paul Eilers said...

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Dayum!

(ooops...)

December 23, 2008 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger HawgWyld said...

I love it! I'm lucky my wife hasn't washed my mouth out with soap yet.

When my daughter was two-years-old, she heard daddy yell, well, something when a lady cut me off in traffic. Later that afternoon, my wife and our daughter were in Hobby Lobby when the kid stood up in the cart and started yelling -- "Dammit! DAMMIT! DAMMMMITTTT!!!"

Yes, I got blamed...

The Natural State Hawg!

December 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Laughing, lovin the bite marks!! Gotta stand your ground, girlfriend!!

December 23, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home