Monday, December 22, 2008

Ready or not

Christmas is in 3 days and I would have to categorize myself in the "not so ready" category!! Not that we don't have most and almost all of our presents bought at this point because we do. But this year I cannot for the life of me seem to find my "Christmas Spirit". I've tried and tried and I just think this year it's not coming.

We took Caleb down to the square on Saturday night to look at the lights and while a good time was had by all, still nothing. We(read I) put up the Christmas tree and decorated it, yet nothing what so ever came about. I wrapped all of his presents and got them under the tree, nada. We have even been forced to sing Christmas carols (or at least the ones that Caleb now knows)and as you guessed it... not one single twinge of spirit dumped into this momma.

I H*A*T*E shopping this time of year!

I H*A*T*E driving anywhere around anyone this time of year!

I H*A*T*E crafting (there you heard it here first, I am NOT a crafty person and people who are well... they just piss me off)!

I H*A*T*E baking, sure some nice peel and stick cookies every now and again are nice, but as far as really baking... FORGET it this momma doesn't bake!

I've even talked the family into going to eat Mexican on Christmas Eve because I just don't have it in me to cook a traditional Christmas dinner and all the fixins!!


Is it just me, or is Christmas spirit just so hard to come by this year??????

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so I am just now and getting into it. It seems like they last couple of years it's not as exciting as it used to be. My kids are freaking out about it and Bella is really into it. And I guess that I am one of those people you hate b/c we are doing a craft every day this week....but hey they are for you mom. And I have been baking and cooking and I have YOU some fudge ready to be sent home today....Sorry!

December 22, 2008 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

it is not you, it is VERY hard to come by this year. Thank goodness, it is going to be over soon.

December 22, 2008 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

I'm totally with ya!! I don't know why or what it is, but it just AIN'T there for me this year, I cannot get excited, hell, I'm so ready for it all to be over...and breathe again. Fresh air, think Fresh air, lol.

December 22, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home