Thursday, December 18, 2008

Some things are lacking

Since I have started work there are a few things around this house that are lacking to say the least. So I thought I would start a list to share with you all

#1 ~ DINNER!! Hello, I seem to remember having home cooked meals every night (and never mind that I was the one who had to cook them) when I didn't work. I'm talking meatloaf, beef tips and gravy, stuffed peppers, spaghetti, you get the idea right? Last night when I got home I ate (in this order) one microwaved beef and bean burrito, a bowl of cereal and then about an hour later a lettuce and celery salad floating in some Ranch dressing! I'm missing dinner!

#2 ~ Cleaning!! Yes my house is a wreck, and yes it will continue to be until I have at least half of my energy back (i.e. when I am NO LONGER WORKING) every night before Danny got home from work Caleb and I would pick up toys that had been dragged out during the day and tidy up so that Daddy could come home to a half way decent semi-clean house... not so much these days.

#3 ~ Checking the mail!! Shit I cannot even begin to tell you the last time I checked the mail... umm yeah that's right AT&T, CenturyTel, City of Bentonville Utilities, Mtg Company... I gotta job, don't have time to check my mail and umm that's why my bills are late (what it's legit and honest, and that's what there gettin)!

#4 ~ Dinner .... oh wait I've already said that one... but I'm still pissed about it

#5 ~ Laundry ~ ok so this has never been something that I liked to do, so naturally now that I have yet another excuse to put it off I'm on it like stink on doo doo! However as a small side note I will say that now that Danny and I both have these ubber sexy uniforms and that's pretty much what our wardrobe consists of all week long I don't have as many clothes to sort before doing laundry, and ohh this is my favorite thing.. I am able to wash a whole load of clothes (our uniforms) in the Gain that I love soooo much, but had to stop using because of Caleb's eczema!!


So yeah there are a few things around Casa De Lindy that are lacking or just forgotten in general and just a word to the wise..... don't expect that to change until my employment status returns to SAHM!!! Although the dinner thing, well that ones about to be a deal breaker. I'm starving by the time I get home, not to mention usually pretty cranky too and so help me I had better have something that sort of resembles a meal ready for me (seeing as how hubby and our boy have been home usually for an hour or sometimes even two by the time I get off work)!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Funky Kim said...

Doesn't that just knot your kickers when dinner can only be ready if you're the one making it?

December 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys should just eat dinner at our house. :) Although I am not near (nor is Frank) as creative and good a cook as you.

December 18, 2008 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I taught my hubby how to make tuna helper (use chicken if you aren't a tuna fan). Its not the best but the kids like it. It works.

December 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Shall we all submit a recipe for Danny to learn how to cook? Or is this a "I know how, I just don't wanna attitude??" Men?? Good Luck with that, hun!!

December 20, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home