Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Show some love

Here I sit at 1:15am not sleeping because I've got too much on my mind so what better to do than to blog right? I know I'll hate myself in the morning for not taking that Tylenol PM but for now I'm wired up and ready to go.

I've been laying in bed since about 11ish thinking of things I can blog about but my head and my heart keep leading me back to one thing. We can all read the funny blogs and laugh and comment about them and it comes easy, but what do you do when you come across one that just breaks your heart? One that you cry tears of sadness and utter things like "how much can one person handle" the ones that really make you thankful for even the smallest things in your own life, and make you sorry you whine about things as petty as a stomach bug?

A few months back my mom (who now reads blogs like a crack addict thanks to her dear ol' daughter... yeah your welcome mom, I know your reading this right now) mentioned to me a blog that she had come across called 'My Life as a CFers Wife' I really didn't think much of it at the time, who knows I was probably being ordered to change the channel, make something to eat, get something to drink or wipe something that was running by the 3 year old that really wears the pants in this house. So a few days pass and the more she tells me about this blog the more my heart wrenches for this family. It wasn't until today (well actually yesterday since I am writing this after midnight) that I found this blog myself and let me tell you there are no words to express the emotions I have felt for this family.

So back to the reason I am writing this, Kori is a 28 year old mother of two boys, who's husband Richard is battling not only Cystic Fibrosis but was just diagnosed with Stage 4 recurrent Colon Cancer and as if that is not enough, she just found lumps in her breasts and is "waiting" to hear back from her mammogram to see if they are cancerous.

Now I am not sure about the rest of you, but I cannot even begin to imagine picking one of the things that she deals with on a daily basis and having that burden to carry day in and day out. So I began to think about the support and the love that I would want to be shown if it were me in her shoes, if it were my family that was suffering all of these burdens and well to be honest I simply cannot express the range of emotions I have felt tonight for this family. So I am calling on all of my blog friends, and any lurkers/stalkers that may be out there please visit her page and give her some supporting, loving, nurturing words or encouragement. I am not really all that blog smart yet and cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually place a link to her blog on this post so if you will just look over to the right side of the page in my blog roll and click on 'My life as a CFers Wife' (side note before you go... someone please leave me a comment and tell me how to link to a page in a post! For crying out loud it really can't be that hard... I think I am just well... dense or something)

So go.... go now.... wish her well, think of her family, pray for her family, just leave this girl some comments and show her some love! She's one strong woman is all I can say, I would have folded under all that she has been put thru!

And Kori if you are reading this, I hope this post meets your approval.. if not (since I didn't even bother to run this idea past you before jumping in head first) please let me know and I will remove it at once. Our family will be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers I promise!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kori said...

Wow. What does one say to a post like this especially when it is you that the post is about.

Wow.

I am speechless.

It's lovely. Thank you.

January 13, 2009 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Kori said...

Oh and the way you link to someone is...

You highlight their name then up top there is this little green thingy that looks like a chain click it. It will bring up this box and you type in the http://url and sha-zam you got a link.

I sure do hope that made sense.

January 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I so know that you mean. I often ask the question, why do some people have to deal with crap upon crap and then others seem to sail through life. It is just not fair!

January 13, 2009 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I came across a woman's blog that documents her daughter's battle with cancer. She is such an awesome writer that you find yourself laughing out loud and CRYING REAL TEARS.

I actually couldn't follow it on a regular basis because it was too "honest" for me to handle. One thing she is great at, though, is discussing how she works through all those emotions and questions that seem to start with, "Why me, God?"

January 16, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home