Thursday, February 5, 2009

All's well that ends well

Man am I glad that yesterday is behind us. Let me say thank you so much for all of your prayers, I apparently gave birth to a Rock Star 3 years ago! We went for his blood draw and while I was sure I would need the assistance of 4 nurses they provided me with 2 (their loss, I thought). Caleb and I climbed up on the table and I assumed the position of restraining his legs with my legs and his arms with my arms(I looked something like a mama crab all wrapped around this boy of mine) while one nurse grabbed one arm and the other stood directly in front of us to help hold his legs, out came the needle and the dreaded "your going to feel a little stick" was said and just when I was at my best, ready to walk out of there with a black eye, and busted lip from my flailing child the strangest thing happened.... NOTHING.... and I really mean nothing, Caleb didn't so much as whimper, whine, thrash or moan. He sat there in true little Rock Star form and watched the nurse draw his blood without so much as a tear in his eye. Momma on the other hand felt like she could pass smooth out at any second but I managed to keep it together.

Needless to say Caleb was the coolest kid at daycare yesterday, with all his battle wounds to show and stickers to flaunt and he was all about that!

When Daddy picked him up, he took his little champ to Chic Fill A to play and eat as a reward for being such a brave boy and the two of them had a great time.

Momma got home from work last night and after such a long day filled with all kinds of stressful situations Caleb was worn out (so was I if anyone else cares) so it wasn't long before I got him in the bath and got him to bed. This was the last thing I saw last night before I went to bed myself



You will notice that I said I put him in his bed... however he didn't seem to want to stay there and ended up in his hall passed out cold. I did manage to get him up and back into his bed and he didn't so much as move he was exhausted!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cristin said...

He really IS a rockstar! It used to take three of us to hold Graham down for blood draws...

Love the sleeping in the hall... what a sweetie...

February 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow! What a good boy. I am glad it all went well.

February 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger ~aj~ said...

Total rock star! Watch out mom...he's going to have groupies before you know it!

February 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home