Friday, October 3, 2008

Home again

Hello all! We are back home after a few days in Mena with my family. We had a GREAT trip with perfect weather, wonderful company, no crying or whining ALL the way there or the way back, playing at the park and visiting with Great Grandma with almost no problems at all. To preface the last statement there, Caleb hasn't spent as much time around my grandmother Adair as I would have liked for him to and for some reason or another he is scared of my Grandma which honestly breaks my heart. I did manage to get two pictures with him sitting in grandma's bed (as she is confined to her bed now) but what you will see is only his snarky little face and the fact that his body is telling you "I'm only here because mom is making me be here and I DO NOT have to like it" (I may or may not have bribed him to get these pictures... hey I'm not above doing what ever works to get him to do what I need him to do, it's my right as his parent) so tell me what you think....



And here is the 2nd one... guess I pushed a little to hard for a smile here... there was no way I was going to get a smile out of this little turd



Anyhow after all of the torture was done at Great Grandma's we did get to have some fun. We went into town with Grandma and went to the park to eat lunch and play and Caleb had a blast (see below the difference in his attitude... you can really tell)





I am sad to say that probably the most fun Caleb had on the whole trip, getting to ride both of Papa's tractors I didn't get any pictures of... I really don't know where my head was while they were riding around the house and out into the field but obviously it was not on grabbing my camera to get pictures!

All in all we had a great trip and a wonderful visit and we are hoping to make this trip lots more, maybe even a monthly trip now that I am not working and can go more often (we really need to spend WAY more time with not only Grandma and Papa but with Great Grandma as well... she is 93 and I want Caleb to get to know her as well as he can before she is called to be with Great Grandpa in heaven).

2 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

Sounds like a nice trip. I wish I could travel so peacefully with my kids. It doesn't happen!
My son is also very afraid of his great grandmother. He wants nothing to do with her.

October 4, 2008 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

This whole post makes me happy for such beautiful lives on both ends of the age spectrum.

October 4, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home