Thursday, October 9, 2008

Strange Things

The past few days I have had some really strange things happen, but none of them beat what happened to me today.

2 days ago when the rains stopped Caleb and I got to see the most amazing double rainbow, and as my husband will tell you I was quite impressed with it... see take a look for yourself






OK the rainbow was just strange because I felt like I could have reached out and touched it, and it was just so vibrant and beautiful... I honestly can't remember ever seeing a rainbow so pronounced before.

Now on the the really freaky/creepy ass thing that happened to Caleb and I today. We were leaving to go to town to do some errands that couldn't wait another day (I hate going to town when I don't HAVE to) none the less I get Caleb strapped into his seat and I climb into the front seat when I realize that the DVD that I turned on for him to watch wasn't working, so back out of the car I get and open the back drivers side door and reach in to fix the DVD. As I am leaning into the car I feel something hit me, something small like a bug and when I look up it is quite literally RAINING flying ants onto my car, the ground, the yard I mean they are FREAKIN EVERYWHERE....

So me being the big wuss that I am I slam the back door shut and jump back into the front before one of these things could land on me (still not sure how I managed to not get stung) because these things were attacking each other and stinging each other to death. I kid you not there were thousands upon thousands of them on my car alone much less what was on the driveway when we finally backed out 15 minutes or so after sitting there just watching them (from the safety of our car, widows up AC on). Obviously, as always, I didn't have my camera in the car with me and my POS phone doesn't have a camera on it but when we got home I did go out and take a few pictures of the remaining dead ants that were lining the side of the driveway all the way to the street so here ya go....





What is possibly even stranger is that when I look at the neighbors house (as all of this was taking place and even after we got back home) they have none, look out on the street none... I'm telling you people if they had been locusts I would have been doing some serious soul searching... this is how freaked out I was!

p.s. No they are not termites!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Yup, certifiably weird!! I would have been wigged out too!! Although I have a feeling, that this is only the first of weird things to come, if you know what I mean!!

October 9, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home