Friday, October 10, 2008

When you least expect it

So... apparently I have a new job! LAUGH Did I want a job, no..... was I looking for a job, no..... was I ready for a job (OK I'll admit some time out of the house has sounded good for the past few weeks now) but still the answer no.

How did I get a job you ask... well that's an odd story. I think I got it to try to prove I can actually do it! One night a few weeks back Danny and one of our friends Ben whom he works with at Fed-Ex Ground were in the garage drinking beer and bitching about work (any given Friday night our garage is where you can find these two men, if say you are a stalker or a creditor or just looking for some good whining company) but none the less I happened to be out there and listening to their incessant whining and belly aching as they were talking about Danny needing someone to do his daily pick ups so that he doesn't start missing his percentages at work... long story short every day he is responsible for X amount of pick ups and they all come with a timed window in which he has to pick them up say between 5 and 7 in the evening (most all of his pick ups fall between these times) so if he is running late he has to stop his deliveries and start doing pick ups and then go back to his deliveries and so on and so forth putting him later and later back to the terminal in the evening (I know way to much info for a story on how I got a job)...

So the guys are talking about the pros and cons of putting on another truck ($$$) and driver ($$$) to this contract specifically for the purpose of doing these pick ups for Danny. Me being the logical one that I am thinks a few hours of work sounds easy enough I mean how hard can it be plus it would actually save us money in the long run not having to hire someone to do it. (This is where things take a bad turn) Well then it turned into a pissing contest between me and the boys about me being able to pass the Fed-Ex driving class to even be eligible to drive one of their trucks (please keep in mind I do have a perfect driving record... but even I will admit I cannot back up in a straight line to save my own ass).

I say I can, they say I can't, enough beer later I thought that the conversation was just that.... a conversation!! Then Danny comes home first part of this week and says... you need to go into the terminal this week and fill out your paperwork so that you can get signed up for the class, there is one coming up in about a month!(EFFING GASP) Me still being too stubborn to swallow my pride and tell him that I really hadn't planned on following thru with this little pissing contest (I'm not about to have them tell me I CAN'T do something) so today I went in filled out all my paperwork (mind you this is not a cheap class to take either, since Danny is the contractor he will be shelling out some serious money to put me thru their driving school) I have my physical set for Tuesday at 10:30 and the class will more than likely be in about 3 weeks! Did I mention that I will be the ONLY girl in the class as well!

So back to the whole driving thing did I mention that in order to pass the test I have to back a huge ass box truck (I'm talking the largest truck you can drive without having a CDL, so picture a truck just a hair smalled than an effing semi) thru serpentine cones set up in a parking lot without hitting any of them!

All because I am a girl and can't keep my mouth shut! Man did my husband luck out with me or what??? Humm wonder how my ass will look in those awful uniform shorts??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll look smokin' in the shorts, of course :)

October 11, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home