Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kitty Down!!!

So last night when I got home from work something struck me as odd... I only had one follower every where I went, I was missing a part of the dynamic duo. The fat, hairy, brown one. Kitty wasn't up to making the rounds you know into the kitchen to see what I would eat, out into the garage for a moments peace from Caleb while I smoke and not even into the bathroom where it's like a party that needs no invitation EVERYONE follows me into what used to be somewhat of a sanctuary. I thought about it for a fleeting moment and then put it out of my head just chalking it up to a lazy day for her (which I will admit is odd).

So last thing before I went to bed I was back out in the garage for one last cigarette (yeah so sue me, and NO I don't want your lectures) when out the kitty door comes my hairy child with what I can only describe as the worlds worst limp. She went over to her food bowl to eat and that is when I really got concerned, she couldn't stand on her hind legs or rather her left hind leg. I went over to try to inspect as if in my part time I'm a vet or as if I knew what I was looking for and when she wouldn't let me near it so I decided that first thing this morning we would take her to the vet.

Caleb, Kitty and I loaded up and off to the vet we went, Kitty was less than thrilled a) she was in her cat carrier b) she was in a moving vehicle c) did I mention she was in her cat carrier. However Caleb did a great job of answering her every cry on the way there with "It's ok Kitty, your so a good girl" and then really quiet he would say "I love you too Kitty" (as if her cries were those of professing her undying love for him). We managed to get her to the vet who was nice enough to take her to the back to check her out (even though I had tried to prepare Caleb for the noises (read screams of pain) Kitty would make when she was examined.

Turns out our poor Kitty ripped her ligaments in her left hind leg, and how, well that is still a mystery, the vet said it was probably injured during a jump up onto something but none the less to avoid having to do surgery we are now having to cage rest her for 6 weeks. Aside from the ligaments she has arthritis in both hips the left being the worst and we are to try to discourage ANY jumping after her 6 weeks are up and she is hopefully back to normal. Yeah so I'm pretty sure that will be IMPOSSIBLE this is my cat here, the bobtail, bat outta hell, jumping, running, hauling ass around my house 9 year old Kitty (not to mention I have a 3 year old who loves nothing more than to see her jump and run when he rounds the corner). The vet said that we should build her "stairs" to climb up to get onto our bed, because that is where she sleeps at night right at the foot of MY side of the bed I'm thinking Danny is NOT going to go for this.... we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Oh did I mention that Kitty did not come home with us tonight?? They kept her over night because of the sedation they had to give her to be able to take the X-rays today, Caleb was beside himself that she was not coming home with us... we are still dealing with that, he misses her something terrible.

I went today and bought the cage for her at Tractor Supply (where the vet recommended I go) it's 30 X 30 X 18 and it's just sad, She will not be happy with her new living arrangements what so ever, but the vet says we can bring her home on and give her something called Kitty Prozac every day for the entire 6 weeks to take the edge off of her having to live in a cage (wonder if they can give me that script too??)

I will post pictures tomorrow when we have gotten her home and into her new deluxe accommodations. Till then we are Kittyless........

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh poor kitty and I love the accomidations but I can only imagine what she thinks of them

December 12, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Poor Kitty!! And Poor Caleb, not gonna be able to chase her around and make her jump, I think you all will need KItty Prozac before it's over!!

December 13, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home