Monday, December 15, 2008

Too smart for his own good

This morning as I was oh so peacefully sleeping I hear the rattle of Kitty's cage (which Caleb knows he is NOT supposed to touch) so I lay in bed for a few more minutes and listen just to make sure that what I was hearing was really what I thought it was, sure enough as I get up and grab my robe in my "super stealth mommy mode" and peak around the corner into the living room there sits Caleb with a bag of Cheesy Doritos's hiding at the end of our large couch in the living room (he knows Doritos's are not acceptable breakfast food, and also knows that he has gotten into them without asking which is also a mortal SIN in our home, but what he obviously doesn't know is that I can see him sitting right outside my bedroom door, not really sure where he thought he was hiding or where he thought I was at but the hiding didn't work for him). He finally sees me and with all of the sweetness he can muster says "morning momma, did you have a good sleep"!!!

Looking around the house I spy all kinds of things that aren't where they are supposed to be, so I thought I would just ask him what other mischief he had been up to that seemed so time consuming he some how didn't find the time to wake mommy up.

Me: "what else did you get into"
Caleb: "well I brushed my teeth, but I had to take my socks off cause I got tooth paste on them"
Me: "are you supposed to brush your teeth without asking mommy or daddy"
Caleb: "mommy, daddy is at work and you were sleeping .... so I asked kitty"

Some days I swear!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ~aj~ said...

He doesn't have a younger sibling to blame it on, so he's using the cat instead. GENIUS!

December 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

LOL! Come on, at least he asked. :)

December 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

I told you that he is gonna be a genius!! You just watch, it will only get better!!

December 15, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home