Monday, October 27, 2008

Fed-Ex Day #1

Started class today :) Yippy! Colder than shit outside.. not so Yippy! I froze my ass off most of the morning, until our instructor felt sorry enough for me that he gave me one of his heavy Fed-Ex coats :) Warm at last! Woo Hoo

I have to say that this driving thing isn't so hard, I really thought it would be more difficult than it has been and the fact that it isn't, is a very welcomed surprise.

Oh did I mention that I am the only girl in the class... there are 2 other guys and me, and then our instructor Jason who I've known for years since Danny has worked there. So that makes it nice, the fact that I know someone, you know the someone who has the power to either pass or fail me!!

Today we did a little work out of the hand book and then it was out to the two rental box trucks in the parking lot to start doing our serpentine driving forward and back through the cones... leave it to me to brag that I did good when Danny and I were out there doing it... right off the bat I hit a freakin cone and looked like a retard, but then again I did say that going in reverse was easier than going forward in one of these trucks. (Oh and the boys decided to give me my own truck, mainly because I am so short and to adjust the mirrors in these things is a huge pain in the ass every other time you drive, but I like to think it's because I am a true rockstar and they know deep down that I'm a diva and deserve my own sweet ride)

By the end of the day both the boys and I had done the serpentine so many times that I am quite sure if you rolled my sleeping ass out there tonight hoisted me up into that truck I could do it without having to be awake! We also did the "off set alley" which was really hard when Danny was teaching me (come to find out the jackass had the cones set up too close) yeah so it was a lot easier for me to do it today, and for the first time I backed all the way up in a straight line (harder than you think... oh yeah you think you can... I wanna see it) anyhow like I was saying I backed up to the dock between two other trucks, talk about never racking.

P.S. you are reading the blog of a bad ass... I can even parallel park that bitch! Yeah how do you like them apples!!!

(Much more to come this week, as we have to spend 6 hrs a day both Wednesday and Thursday driving out and about in traffic... so Jason says we are going to drive to Tulsa and to Ft. Smith.... HOLY SHIT I'm scared... actual peoples lives may hang in the balance... note to self watch 6 o'clock news to see if Krissi makes a guest appearance ... you know in the back of a cop car)

4 Comments:

Blogger ~aj~ said...

I will let my loved ones in Ft Smith know they should stay inside this week!

Just kidding of course. I'm way impressed. I can't parallel park a CAR!

October 28, 2008 at 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note to self - stay home on Wed and Thurs :)

October 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger katie joella lawson said...

i always knew you were a badass. :)

October 28, 2008 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Ahh, I have the faith, you CAN do this. Thank God I won't be in FS or Tulsa this week, I'm safe. JK

October 28, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home