Sunday, October 19, 2008

1 down, much more to go

Yesterday Caleb and I met Danny up at Fed-Ex Ground for my first driving lesson in a big truck. I told Danny that I wanted to have at least one driving lesson under my belt before actually going to class in a week. Let me be the first to say it was a little intimidating crawling into the truck and looking at how close together the cones were that I was supposed to be driving/backing thru. I made it all of about 10 feet before I hit my first cone and that was it... I put the truck in park and proceeded to get out and tell Danny in no uncertain terms that I CANNOT DO THIS!

Luckily for me I have a pretty good teacher because by the end of the lesson I was a ROCK STAR!! I can back thru those cones serpentine, do the "blind alley" (which by the way is easier to do in reverse than in drive, how scary is that) and almost back up to a dock (in my defense we didn't really practice that, I was backing thru the parking lot and parking as close as I felt comfortable to one of the big 18 wheeler trailers that happened to be on the lot and I got pretty close).

When all was said and done I left feeling like I could kick any guy's ass at driving school! We shall see if this holds up not this week but next.

Oh and one funny note, when I got out of the truck and decided that I couldn't do it, Danny got in and was showing me how... and yup you guessed it he hit a cone too! And no matter what he may try to tell you, it was not on purpose! (I ended up only hitting 3 cones the whole lesson which is not bad considering that I drove thru and backed thru those cones no less that 50 times) Like I said ROCK STAR!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~aj~ said...

Heck yeah, you're a rock star! I was just wondering the other day if you had taken that driving test yet.

I can't believe you only hit 3 cones. I shudder to think how many I'd knock over. I'm lucky I can back out of our garage on most days. :)

October 19, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home