Thursday, November 27, 2008

Insert witty title here

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! My turkey is in the oven, my cornbread is made and waiting for me to make my dressing, I baked a pumpkin pie last night now all that is left is to cut up and cook the veggies for my dressing, throw together the green bean casserole, cut up and cook the potatoes for my mashed potatoes and get my gravy made :) Dinner is at 5:00 and we have 3 guests coming my brother, sister in law and my niece. Should I set out more plates? Anyone else wanna come? Maybe you should read the rest of this post before you make your reservation (don't worry I'll invite you again at the end of the post I promise).

Reflecting on thanksgivings past this morning I can't help but laugh at the memory of the first time I made thanksgiving dinner for Danny and I (pre-Caleb). I like to think that I am quite the cook (my husband will probably dispute that comment) but this is my blog and what I say goes mkay!!

So yeah I almost killed us with food poisoning! Who would have guessed it??? I had slaved away in our tiny kitchen all morning long while Danny sat on his butt and watched football (why is this the tradition and who do I have to kill to change it???) My turkey was beautiful and I had even managed to get it to brown in the oven, the dressing was done, the potatoes were mashed and not a moment too soon I was starving!!

We fixed our plates and everything looked great it was picture perfect as far as Thanksgiving feasts go and it tasted good too, what more could we ask for?? If you said another bathroom then "tell 'em what they've won Bob" (the dump that we rented back in the day, you know the one over in Crack Central, only had one bathroom). Needless to say the rest of the afternoon was spent beating a path in the indoor/outdoor carpet to the one bathroom in that house! It was AWFUL! I swore off cooking and eating poultry and Danny just swore off eating anything that I cooked! Jackass!! Like I meant to give us food poisoning? And don't you think if it would have been intentional I would have bypassed the under-cooked bird? Some peoples husbands!

None the less today I am a master chef, I've got bird cooking down to a science!

So how many extra places should I set at the table this year? Come on any volunteers? I swear to eat the turkey, you can watch, hell I'll even eat an hour before you just so you will know it's done!

In all sincerity I hope you all have a wonderful, happy and full Thanksgiving with your families today and remember we all have so much to the thankful for, so remember to thank the one who has given us all that we have and all that we are.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

Amen sista! So the rents aren't coming up this year? Whats up with that? Are yall coming down tomorrow and join all of us lunatics for Black Friday?? Have a great day and I bet your slaving will pay off emensely!!

November 27, 2008 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger KatBouska said...

Oh dear I did the same thing to me and my husband less than two weeks after the birth of our first daughter. It. Was. Awful. And trying to breastfedd through it all...no fun. I didn't eat steak for a LONG time after that!!

Isn't it nice how we can look back and laugh...it wasn't too funny at the time. :)

November 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Claremont First Ward said...

I would have been thankful for that first dinner cuz it would have precluded me from cooking Thanksgiving dinner ever again. ha ha. I had 24 over for dinner last night. I'm still recovering. :)

November 28, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home