Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend

So this past weekend we had my 8 year old niece stay the night with us, Caleb loves when she comes to stay! Bless her heart Caleb drives her C-R-A-Z-Y with is normal 3 year old antics but she plays so well with him and meets most of his demands.

The three of us were all snuggled up on Caleb's bed watching Madagascar 2 on Saturday night, when the cat decided to get nosey and see what we were all up to. When she jumped up onto the bed she landed right in the big middle of K causing her to say "oooohhhhh" (the conversation that followed made me pee on myself just a little)

Caleb: "did kitty hurt your boy parts K?"

Me: (trying not to fall out of the bed laughing so hard) "Caleb, K is a girl, so she doesn't have boy parts"

Caleb: "well it sounded like kitty hurt K's boy parts, cause that's the sound you make when they get hurt"

It's the little things in life that keep me going most days, and this is one that I won't soon forget!



> In other news<

My hubby and I had a date this weekend for the first time in, well, I can't remember the last time we went on a date of any sorts. Now, before you get all "ahhh, how sweet, they went on a Valentines date" lets remember this is my husband we are talking about here, so that awww crap is for the birds, this date had nothing to do with the fact that it was anywhere near the 14th of February and everything to do with the fact that he's had several people tell him how good the new movie "Taken" is.



It was awesome, action packed (which I usually don't like all that much) but still had a strong story line and was just all around, two stubby thumbs up :)

After our movie we went to a late lunch, early dinner at none other than Red Lobster and I am sad to say that will be my last rodeo with Red Lobster.

The food was awful, the service was worse, and all around the whole "time to eat without our child" experience SUCKED! I was very disappointed to say the least, but Danny on the other hand could not be any more ecstatic about it. He has always loved seafood, yet hated Red Lobster! He says that their food is always over cooked, and under taste! And as of yesterday I have to agree with him, it was a sad, sad day for me to have to willingly, or more wantfully give up one of my favorite restaurants but at least I still have Olive Garden!

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Ronda~ said...

2 stubby thumbs up for quality over quantity alone time with Danny?? LOL...love the *boy parts*...priceless!!

February 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

that was too funny. And YEAH!! a night out. Good for you.

February 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Cristin said...

Good for you for going out! I heard that was a good movie and Liam is good eye candy!

And the conversation about the boy parts was priceless!

February 18, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home