Thursday, March 19, 2009

AWOL

Sorry for my recent lack of posting... no real excuse other than just laziness to blame but what ever... it's my blog right! And the good thing is that I know there aren't too many who have been let down seeing as how after almost a year of blogging I only have 14 followers! Really 14... and here I thought I was F.U.N.N.Y! (Turns out my parents must have been lying to me all these years).

None the less where to begin...

Our trip to the ER... yes that seems like where I left off. Caleb's sitter never calls me, NEVER! So when I was at work Friday before last and my phone rang at 4:00 (right smack dab in the middle of my pick ups mind you) I knew something was wrong, upon actually answering my phone I proved my mothers intuition right. Kim was trying to tell me that something had happened but all I could hear was Caleb's hysterical cries in the background. I did manage to get that he had fallen on his head and may need stitches, something about a lot of blood, and she'd rather I come get him and make the call about the ER. I told her I'd be right there (I was less than a mile away) hung up the phone and called Danny, only to realize that I would have to take my work truck back to the terminal and then go get Caleb because HELLO I'm at work in my truck with NO car seat for Caleb.

After driving about 20 miles round trip I finally got there to pick Caleb up, the good news was that he'd calmed down, the bad news, he was still bleeding and it looked like he would indeed need some stitches in his poor little head.

About 3 hours later we left the ER with one sweet little boy, who'd finally stopped bleeding thank goodness and instead of stitches they opted for super gluing his forehead with Durabond :)



I asked Caleb several times thru the course of the evening what had happened and finally on the way home, after stopping for ice cream (what else could make a little boy feel all better) he told me that some kids were telling him to climb up the slide instead of go down it the right way and he got almost to the top and fell over the side head first onto the rocks! So I think to myself "great if he can't resist peer pressure now, he'll make a fine alcoholic, druggie or worse some day"! So we had the talk about how sometimes bigger kids will tell smaller kids to do things that aren't always safe and that if he thinks it's wrong, it probably is and NOT TO DO IT!

None the less he's all better now you can hardly see where the cut was :)

Ok well don't want to overload you so that's it for today... I need to get ready for work and have other things to do around this house before I can walk out that door, hope you all have a wonderful day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Funky Kim said...

I follow you. I just don't announce it to the world. But you are on my reader. And I've taken more notice of my delivery peeps when they pop in at work because of you.

Have a day!

March 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Kirby said...

Aww well I'm glad he didnt have to get stiches! I bet it scared the crap out of you when all you could hear was him screaming and the word ER in the same sentence!!!

March 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Typical boy! I am glad that he is alright and that 'skin glue' is awesome stuff!

March 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Cristin said...

Sorry, I haven't been commenting a lot lately.. I've been a little preoccupied with some other online reading...

Glad the kid is ok and they could glue him back up good as new...

I don't follow anyone... I got drunk one night and stopped following all the blogs I was following.... I wish I could stop people from following me... creeps me out...

March 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home