Thursday, February 19, 2009

Move over Maybelline

Apparently I have what most women would die to have according to every other commercial on television these days, and how dare I be ungrateful for it!

Max Factor, Maybelline, Revlon, and Cover Girl can all kiss my ass! My eye lashes are thick, plump, long and luscious and pissing me off! Is it against some rule to trim your eye lashes? Cause if not I'm all over it!!!

It seems I cannot wear my sunglasses without having to scoot them down the bridge of my nose so my damn eye lashes don't hit the lenses. Normally this doesn't bother me, however, now in my new found profession as a box monkey, every time I bend over to pick up a stupid box my sunglasses try to slide completely off my face, which results in me having to stop, readjust and then go back to trying to get said box picked up and into my truck! This has to waste like, oh I don't know, 10 millionths of a second at EVERY.STOP. And is beginning to become a great pain in my ass. Not to mention it means I have to touch my face with my N.A.S.T.Y dirty, box monkey hands and that alone grosses me out every time.

Forget wearing mascara... I just plain can't, don't need to in the first place, but seriously if I put mascara on it's going to be a bad, bad day for all who come across my path!

So I'm asking, is there really some unwritten rule that says you can't trim your eyelashes? If not, would I be completely out of line in giving mine a little touch up? Just a little snip, snip I swear!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

here's what you do...go to the drug store and get some fake eyelashes and wear them for a few hours. maybe dress up and have your man take silly photos or something...then pull those puppies off. your lashes will thin out by like 60% and be shorter. i learned the hard way. i had full thick lashes too..now i have the lashes of an 80 year old woman. and i don't think they grow back very quickly. :)

February 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

hey, try it but just do a little bit. You don't want to end up with none.

February 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Cristin said...

that's a new one... I rarely wear mascara... I think my lashes are ok naked...

February 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, we're not gonna be able to be friends anymore.

and I hear they won't grow back. don't. do. it.

February 19, 2009 at 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem...but thankfully some nerd lessons in JR high might come in handy right now. I had the same problem with my eyelashes rubbing against my glasses, and the people at the doctor's office would bend them and adjust them to work for me. So, you could pick up a pair of wire framed sunglasses and give it a shot yourself--or maybe pick up a fancier pair of sunglasses and have the store adjust them for you.

I wouldn't cut your eyelashes. Go for new glasses.

February 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home