Monday, February 23, 2009

Going the Distance

I have a confession to make.... it will be shocking...... those of you with weak constitutions should turn away now......... please click here if you are under the age of 18........ leave now if you can't take the heat of what is about to be confessed....... seriously........ you have been warned!

I have never been to a concert! Yes, yes you heard me right N.E.V.E.R had the wonderful experience of seeing a big named band live in concert! And for years I've sulked, pouted and been rather pissy about it.

Well NO MORE! As of May 1st, 2009 I am checking this one VERY IMPORTANT thing off my bucket list!

Guess who's coming to Fayetteville....



and guess who ordered their tickets yesterday....
oh yeah... that's right... I'm "Going the distance, I'm going with speed, I'm all alone, all alone in my time of need" (lyrics for those of you who are not well versed in CAKE music) I'm so freakin excited I just almost cannot stand myself!!!

So today's mission should you choose to accept it... tell me about your first concert, who was it? Where was it? What year (or aprox. time frame, as if the band won't give that answer away) seriously I want to know what I'm in for... help a girl out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kori said...

First concert ever was the Smashing Pumpkins in 1997. I was 17. Our seats were 5th row center. AWESOME! Best thing my ex ever did for me other than the boys of course.

And can I just metion how incredubly jealous I am that you are going to see Cake in concert. I want all the details.

February 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

oh i love cake! how exciting for you. i'd really rather not talk about my first concert - but you asked for it. my first concert was billy ray cirus when i was around 15 years old...me and my bestie Randi saw him at the arkansas state fair. how's that for "yeeeeEFFINhaw"? however, i've since been to many shows to make up for it. in fact, last friday i saw modest mouse for the 2nd time and it freakin' ROCKED! i haven't seen Cake yet - I'd love to though. let me know how it is!
-jealous. :)

February 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Cristin said...

Oh man... can I remember my first concert?? I think the 20something Grateful Dead shows may have done something to my memory.... lets see... I think it might have been Morrissey in 1990... should I be embarassed???

February 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see one until college in Little Rock. and that might or might not have been my last one :)

February 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home